SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Farmers Beauty Haul ♡ Maybelline, Chi Chi, Australis


If you were born in the Year of the Horse, this is YOUR year and it also means you may experience a lot of financial problems; or that's what it says on the Chinese calender! Or maybe it's just me... A shoppaholic will always experience financial problems and this year I am not feeling lucky at all.

I have had so many bad online shopping experiences this year, bad experiences like spending a couple hundred of $$$ on Sephora and Macy and had my orders cancelled while the companies or my bank holds my $$$ :( I feel like time is going so slow while waiting for my refund... *sigh* I can't shop online now until I get my refund and I can't just stop shopping over all cause of the urge of getting my hands on that lipstick... arghhh!

So... I turn to in-store shopping, sure that won't cause me any troubles? I like that I can swatch these products and decide if they are suitable for me before I swipe my card and say good-bye to the dollars :) But the downside is, these prices are rip-offs! New Zealand prices are just, ridiculous! and that's what I dislike about shopping in-store, in New Zealand stores!

I bought 2 Maybelline lipsticks ($21.99 each) on a buy one get one free deal, 2 Chi Chi Cosmetics matte lipsticks ($22.99 each) on a buy one get another half price deal and 2 Australis Velourlips Lip Cream ($17.50 each) on a buy one get another half price deal. All came together $82.72. So expensive! If that was in America, It would probably cost less than $30.00 even when non is on sale!

Anyway, even thou I am not happy with the prices, I am happy with the products. So I will stop with the blabbing and show you what I got ^^ .

☆ Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick - Electric Orange
☆ Maybelline Bold Matte by ColorSensational - Mat 1

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick - Electric Orange
I think this is from the ColorSensational Vivids Lip Color range. Electric Orange is a gorgeous bright, dark orange shade. I have heard so many good review on this and when I swatched this in-store, the color is super pigmented and easy to apply. Unfortunately I won't be swatching this for you as I haven't plan on using this. 

Maybelline Bold Matte by ColorSensational - Mat 1
Bold Matte by ColorSensational Mat 1 is a gorgeous neon pink shade. When I swatched this in-store, the lipstick shows it's very pigmented and glides on smoothly. When swatched on my hands, the neon shade appears to be not-as-scary as it looks from the tude, it's a vibrant, bold shade but in my opinion it's very wearable.

Mat 1 (left) and Electric Orange (right).

Chi Chi Cosmetics Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick - Drama Queen
Drama Queen is an intense purple shade, very creamy and matte? Not really! While I really love the color and also enjoy the no-need-to-touch-up, stays all day formula, I don't like how it just stays creamy and not dry at all. Aren't matte lipsticks suppose to dry?

Swatches on Drama Queen on my lips.

Chi Chi Cosmetics Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick - Crazy in Love
Crazy in Love is a gorgeous nude-ish baby pink shade, more wearable for office work areas. I am absolutely "crazy in love" with the color! But then again, the non-drying formula just... arghhhh! Yesterday I put on only one layer of the liquid lipstick in the morning and it lasted me more than 8 hours without having to touch up, all is perfect except when eating, drink or even just take a little sip of water, the liquid lipstick is everywhere!

Swatches of Crazy in Love on my lips.

Swatches of Chi Chi Cosmetics Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick in Drama Queen and Crazy in Love on my arms (indoors & no flash).

☆ Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream - Mal-i-Boo
☆ Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream - Par-ee

Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream: Mal-i-Boo (left) and Par-ee (right).

Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream - Mal-i-Boo
If you think the Maybelline Bold Matte by ColorSensational Mat 1 I just talked about above is bright, think again. Australis Velour Lips in Mal-i-Boo is a super vibrant, bright, neon pink shade, so bright that I don't think it's that wearable. I must say thou, the staying power is amazing!

Swatches of Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in Mal-i-Boo on my lips.

Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream - Par-ee
Par-ee is my favourite shade out of all the other lipstick shades I have shown in this haul, it's a wearable, gorgeous nude shade. While I really like the color, I dislike the drying formula. This lip cream really dries matte compare to the Chi Chi creamy matte liquid lipsticks, in fact, they dries SO fast that you will need to be quick to adjust without making a mistake. I feel like the Velourlips dries to a 'clay' finish, very drying and lots of cracking.

Swatches of Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream - Par-ee on my lips.

Swatches of Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in Mal-i-Boo and Par-ee on my arms (indoors & no flash). **excuse my fail spelling in the above picture**

All beauty products were purchased from my recent Farmers haul, I hope you enjoy reading all description, mini reviews, swatches and my pictures. Sorry about the rant in the beginning of the post, I like to keep my blog positive at all times, but sometimes I just have to rant...

So tell me, which of the above products is your favourite? Have you tried any of this lipsticks & lip creams?

14 comments :

  1. The prices are over priced in Australia too but slightly less than in New Zealand. The maybelline matte lipsticks look awesome I am yet to buy one yet, but will check them out soon now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia have much more beauty selection than us, you're so lucky ;) I was searching thru Mecca Cosmetics au site and found that they sell Too Faced, while the NZ one doesn't. so sad haha x

      Delete
  2. The Australis lip creams colours are so gorgeous, love the bright pink one!
    And omg i totally understand, i don't live in new zealand but here in australia, the prices are basically the same, its so expensive to buy drugstore products here compared to America :(

    xx
    Beautifyinglifee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it should be called "drugstore" for us cause everything is so expensive x

      Delete
  3. I have electric orange, it's a good one!
    Is the matte pink a new color? Never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I am not sure, I think it came out last year (2013) and just slowly travel its way to New Zealand; we get almost everything last so it's pretty new to us ^^

      Delete
  4. I MISSED YOU!!!! :) Haven't seen your heard from you in ageeeeeessss xD
    Awww you look even more beautiful with your train tracks gone... lol and finally, you have a make up blog (even though I was like over a year behind ... >.>)

    Stay beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh Linda! I haven't heard from you in ages too! How you been girl?! Oh hehe thank you for the compliment ^^ x

      Delete
  5. Oh man the prices in New Zealand are totally ridiculous! :S I know all of those feels!
    I love the purple lip on you - totally gorgeous!

    ♥♥♥ from
    Little Porcelain Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of the ChiChi lip colors <3 Thanks for sharing the review :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look beautiful on you! Why won't you be using Electric Orange?
    The Bold Mattes are an Asia/Australasia exclusive release :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Electric Orange will suit me, orange makes my teeth looks super yellow >.<

      Delete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.