SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

CANMAKE ♡ Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach

Canmake Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach

LOVE THE BRAND! ♥ LOVE THE COLOR! ♥ LOVE THE PACKAGING!

It seems like matte lips is the latest trend, whether they are liquid formula, cream formula or the solid lipstick types; I have been obsessed with mattes! Recently I have tried a new formula, the mouse type which also dries matte. 

Today I am reviewing the Canmake Whip Mousse Lip in shade [03] Misty Peach, a beautiful soft pink.

image
Canmake claims:

 "An authentic matte finish that you can't achieve with a lipstick. The smooth texture of the soft, fluffy mousse glides across your lips, enjoy looking stylish and standing out from the crowd with moist, glossy lips". I don't really know what an authentic matte finish should looks like, but it's definitely not how the Canmake Whip Mousse Lip turns out >.<; the texture is very soft and moussey like and it does glides on the lips smoothly. But even thou I have exfoliate and applied lip balm beforehand, the product still goes on flaky. I didn't know what it means when people says their lipsticks bleeds and now I finally experience it myself. The Canmake Whip Mousse Lip doesn't seem to stay on the lips, instead it smudge around and within half an hour wear, the product disappear in the center and fades into your lip lines. 

I don't stand out looking stylish with a moist, glossy lips while wearing this; instead I would stand out looking like someone who doesn't give two cents about their appearance.

♥ "The mousse melts into your skin and blends evenly, it can be used as a lip product and it's also perfect as a cheek color". I am not sure about how it will blends out when using it as a cheek color, but while applying on my lips, I can never apply it evenly! There is always a gap missing because the mousse lip smudge and won't stay on. 

♥ "The matte finish is non-sticky, so you won't have to worry about your hair getting stuck to your lips. Won't transfer easily onto cups or eating, maintaining perfect color for hours on end". I have never come across a matte lips product that is sticky, except for the Chi Chi Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick, but that one doesn't dry fully matte so it can't be compare to other suppose-to-dry-mattes products. The Canmake Whip Mousse Lip does transfer a little when drinking and eating, the color lasted half an hour then it disappear in the center and fades into the lip line, it takes two hours for the mousse lip to fully disappear from my lips. During the two hours, my lips feels very dry and I had to constantly press and move my lips around to make sure the product doesn't settle on the lip line.


Canmake Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach

Canmake suggested "How to use":

♥ As a lip color:
Apply the appropriate amount (the amount on both sides of the applicator tip is just right for one application) to your lips and spread it evenly across them. After application, blend in as though shading it, for rosy-looking, naturally matte lips.

Canmake Whip Mousse Lip comes with one of those doe-foot applicator, instead of the spongey doe-foot types that I am so used to, this one is just one hard plastic head. Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I have applied as Canmake has suggested and the product seems to not want to blend in, the mousse goes on smoothly but flaky at the same time and as soon as I have applied some products on the lips, it starts to smudge and I can never applies it evenly. 

♥ As a cheek color:
Apply the appropriate amount (the amount on one side of the applicator tip is just right for application to both cheeks) to your cheeks and pat them with your fingers to blend in the color. Even just a small amount of this mousse creates a high-color effect, making it ideal as a matte cheek color.

The idea of using a lip product on the cheek is still new to me, eeky at the same time! I may have to try this thou, pretty sure the product would blend in better as a cheek color, as the cheek area is bigger and you can just pat the color in.

Canmake Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach swatched on bare wrist
Canmake Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach swatched on lips

Overall rating: 1/5 L

I haven't come across a Canmake product that I dislike, this may be my first :( I really want to like the Canmake Whip Mousse Lip, I really do; but it's just not working for me! 

Packaging: (simple and cute) ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Pigmentation: (just okay) ♥ ♥ 
Application: (smooth but flaky) 
Longevity: (lasted half an hour) 

Canmake Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach 
Canmake Whip Mousse Lip - [03] Misty Peach 

Have you tried the Canmake Whip Mousse Lip? Does it work for you?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi6EtrxpdQ4aZ7emfYLjPRfq6FFoycZv3e0inaEvFCrddAHpMKMUoSxA_CE0gBu-VqiHOOvhP05wWlqG84IqcPveD9h7oLfJqzB0UjMBAkgHLznY1XZ3JXxF4MT9T-dlFLALsUxLnBZz3U/s1600/11+copy.png

2 comments :

  1. Ohh this is such a cute pink colour! ^ - ^
    I may have to buy one of these for myself teehee! ^ w ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige, gorgeous color, too bad the formula suck!

      Delete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.