SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, March 23, 2015

Rimmel London ♥ Mini Haul & Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation First Impression

Rimmel London

I have been wanting to try the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation ever since it starts appearing on beauty blogs I follow, I heard the matte finish last all day and it makes you look flawless and I thought I must try this product, from the way people raves about it, I thought it would be an amazing product for my oily skin.

I am not familiar with the brand Rimmel London, I may have used their lipsticks once or twice in my life, so of course, I couldn't justify spending so much money on one tube of foundation from a brand that I am not familiar with. I then browsed on TradeMe, hoping an online boutique would have my shade for a cheaper price, but they either carry a much lighter shade or a shade too dark that I can use as a bronzer.

Luckily, I was able to go to Dressmart this past weekend, I visited the Makeup Clearence store and picked up a Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, a Stay Matte Primer and a Rimmel Kate Lipstick.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation / 200 soft beige

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION / 200 SOFT BEIGE is described as an oil free liquid mousse foundation that blends flawlessly with its lightweight texture, it won't feel heavy or greasy, and it has a silky smooth formula that leaves a perfectly matte, natural looking, baby soft finish and an all day shine control.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation is available in 8 shades. There were testers to try on the shelf, but I often try to stay as far away from testers if possible haha ~ I thought too many people try those testers, it's nasty >.<; so right there I did some online research and find that 200 Soft Beige is the most suitable for my skin tone. When I came home and test out the color, I did find it appear a shade too light for me.

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

RIMMEL STAY MATTE PRIMER is described as an ultra lightweight primer that creates a soft, perfectly matte complexion, it claims to minimize the appearance of pores and control shine for up to 8 hours. This primer does not feel heavy nor greasy, and it can be use alone or wear under foundation.

I have been using primers with a more liquidy texture, so when I first try out this primer, I wasn't used to it. The texture is white, it feels pasty and heavy; but once it smooth out on the skin, it feels lightweight. I find this primer quite different to all other matte primers I have tried, this one doesn't leave my face feeling smooth or soft, instead it feels kind of chalky. I must say the shine control is pretty good, I only had to touch-up once during the day.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss / #103
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss / #103

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH MATTE BY KATE MOSS / SHADE #103 is a rosy pink with a matte finish, I absolutely adore the color and the lipstick has a strong, fruity, watermelon scent, which I love! Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick applies even with an opaque coverage, it feels very lightweight on the lips and application was pretty awkward; it isn't smooth nor hard to apply, arghh I don't know how to describe >.<; overall it is a gorgeous lipstick and it wore well for at least four hours with loads of eating and drinking during the time of wear.

Before & After of Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

BEFORE: I had nothing on my face.
AFTER: I applied Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, then Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.

As you can see above, the shade 200 Soft Beige looks a bit too pale on me, but the coverage looks good from afar. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation did seem to provide a flawless finish when looking from a distance, but when I look closely, I could see it looks weird around my nose and around my mouth. The foundation felt heavy while wearing and it felt like the foundation was just sitting on my skin.

This is my first time trying out a mousse type of foundation and I am not sure if all described above is normal?! Has anyone else experience similar things with this foundation?

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss / #103

Overall, I enjoy trying out this products, especially products that I have been drooling over for the past decades heheh. I really enjoyed using the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss Lipstick, the rosy shades is absolutely gorgeous and it wears for longer than expected. I am not sure about my feelings toward the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, I have been using it for the past couple of days and it's a love-hate thing between us. While wearing the primer, my makeup does seem to last a little bit longer. The thing I dislike about the primer is the texture, it doesn't have that smoothness once applied. Currently I am not enjoying the Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Liquid Foundation, at all; I dislike the heaviness it feels on my face, I dislike it just sits on my skin even though I tried to blend it well and I dislike that the texture is so thick. I may give the foundation another go, I do sometimes change my mind after using a product for awhile, fingers cross it ends up working well for me though, don't want to be the only alien who didn't enjoy a product everyone loves.

What are your thoughts on the Rimmel Stay Matte range?



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi6EtrxpdQ4aZ7emfYLjPRfq6FFoycZv3e0inaEvFCrddAHpMKMUoSxA_CE0gBu-VqiHOOvhP05wWlqG84IqcPveD9h7oLfJqzB0UjMBAkgHLznY1XZ3JXxF4MT9T-dlFLALsUxLnBZz3U/s1600/11+copy.png

4 comments :

  1. I don't have oily skin and so I stay away from their Stay Matte range, but I did hear great things about the foundation and primer. The foundation doesn't sound that great from your review, but hopefully it gets better :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're trying the stay matte products out! I actually owned shade 200 first and then it's too dark for me now so I ordered 103 True Ivory that's a more light yellow shade. When I first used the foundation I found it feeling a bit heavy too and I found that applying it on bit by bit and using a rounded buffing brush to spread it out gives me just the right finish. I found that with my fingers, the foundation still felt like it sat on top but with the buffing brush it really makes it blend into the skin just right. Do if it another try! The foundation besides being on the heavier side really has a flawless finish and it is so long lasting! I haven't tried anything else from the range but I'd love to try that primer and own a nude kate moss lipstick from them! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. usually i mix my thicker foundation with the thinner one such as BB cream and usually for me, it works wonder


    AMOURPIXIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow for a follow? LMAO jokes! hahaha yeah, I've always seen this product around and see everyone on the MUO page on FB raving about it, but still haven't gotten around in trying the product myself :( TY for the feedback on it though, looking forward to more of your post.

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.