SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 22, 2016

MAC x Guo Pei Collection ♡ ft. Zenith Lipstick, Ethereal Orchid Lipstick and Bright Pink Bouquet Cremesheen Glass

MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Zenith Lipstick, Ethereal Orchid Lipstick, Bright Pink Bouquet Cremesheen Glass

Today I am sharing with you a review of three lip products from the MAC x Guo Pei Collection that was launched in 2015. As I am typing this, I am feeling a little silly to write about a product that you can no longer buy, but this has literally been sitting in my draft for over a year now and I want to publish this on the blog before we say hello to 2017!

MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Zenith Lipstick, Ethereal Orchid Lipstick, Bright Pink Bouquet Cremesheen Glass

For those of you who is not familiar with this collection, MAC Cosmetics has collaborated with Chinese fashion designer Guo Pei in 2015 and together they have created a makeup collection that features the most elegant packaging I have seen from MAC.

The collection features two eyeshadow quads, two blushes, one beauty powder, three lipsticks, three cremesheen glass, three fluideline and two makeup brushes. I have previously reviewed one of the eyeshadow quads in Morning Light and I thought the product quality was amazing, the eyeshadows are all very creamy and pigmented and of course, the packaging is beautiful!

The only items that I have left to review from this collection is the lipsticks in Zenith and Ethereal Orchid, and the cremesheen glass in Bright Pink Bouquet.

MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Bright Pink Bouquet Cremesheen Glass
MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Bright Pink Bouquet Cremesheen Glass

MAC Bright Pink Bouquet Cremesheen Glass comes packaged in a plastic tube with a floral designed fabric cap. The colour is described as a nude coral and it shows up on me as a sheer, vibrant coral with loads of shimmer. The colour definitely shows up as a brighter shade compared to looking at the tube and it has a sheer formula with a good colour payoff for a gloss.

I don't own a lot of Cremesheen Glass from MAC, but I am a huge fan of their Lipglass range! So it does not surprise me nor does it annoys me that the texture is sticky. The Cremesheen Glass is designed with a standard doe foot applicator that applies smoothly and evenly. Bright Pink Bouquet has that glossy finish that makes your lips looks naturally plump and the gloss wears comfortably for two to three hours.

MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Zenith Lipstick
MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Zenith Lipstick
MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Zenith Lipstick

MAC Zenith Lipstick is my all-time favourite Limited Edition lipstick, it's one of those lipstick that is on the 'safe list' which I can take and go. Zenith is described as a light nude with a Lustre finish and it comes packaged in a gold tube with beautiful flora fabric print wrapped about it. In memory, MAC Lustre finish is sheer, but Zenith is quite pigmented and it gives you that soft and slippery look.

MAC Zenith Lipstick delivers a smooth application and the colour worn well for three hours.

MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Ethereal Orchid Lipstick
MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Ethereal Orchid Lipstick
MAC x Guo Pei Collection: Ethereal Orchid Lipstick

MAC Ethereal Orchid Lipstick is also a Lustre finish that has a better colour payoff than expected. The colour is described as a mid-tone dirty coral, it has a thin consistency, a semi-sheer pigmentation and a smooth application that wears comfortably for four hours.


Unfortunately I don't have any dupes for any of the MAC x Guo Pei lip products I have just mentioned, but I am making this a mission to find the best dupes for these colours. Once I have find the dupes for these lip colours, I will share them in a separate post.

Overall, the one thing that I love the most about this collection is the packaging! I feel like it's one of those that you will react to and feel the luxury when you see it in person as the packaging is covered with fabric, not just plastic.

As for the lip colours, I love them, but they are not the best shades that I own in my collection, and quality is good, but it's not great. Although the lipsticks are more pigmented than expected, I wish that they have a longer wearing time.


do you own any products from the MAC x Guo Pei Collection?
any dupes suggestion for Bright Pink Bouquet, Zenith or Ethereal Orchid?


Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.